Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Wine Wednesday: Coppola Rosso 2007


Francis Ford Coppola's Claret was one of my very first "favourite" wines. Unfortunately, $30 is just too much to spend on an everyday drinking wine -- it's a bottle to save for a special occasion. Coppola produced Rosso and Bianco as his "wines for everyday life" to preserve the Italian tradition of serving simple but tasty wines.

Coppola's Rosso 2007 is a much cheaper, versatile, flavorful wine. Deep magenta in colour, this wine tastes of black cherry and raspberries with a bit of cloves. This wine is light on tannins, so it's easy to drink with any meal. We thought it was a rather wimpy red considering its deep colour until we had it with souvlaki, pitas, and hummus. It tasted even better with these garlicky foods.

7 comments:

  1. Oooh you're making me hungry for Greek food now :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really need to expand my wine tastings. I have three or four that I really enjoy and tend to not gravitate from those.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these, Leanne! For someone who loves to drink wine, my knowledge is shockingly limited.

    I can't wait to bust out one of your recommendations and impress the bf!

    ReplyDelete
  4. bilecik sohbet bilecik halkına en iyi sohbet ortami sunulmaktadir..

    alanya sohbet kaliteli sohbet sitemiz sizler içndir

    sakarya sohbet Sakaryanin En iyi Elit Sohbet sitesi sizinledir

    Samsun sohbet Samsun Sohbet farkini ücretsiz sitemizde yaşayin

    webmaster forum Türkiyenin en iyi webmaster forum sitesine sizlerde davetlisinizdir!

    sohbet bursa Türkiyenin en iyi sohbet bursa sitesine sizlerde davetlisinizdir!

    ReplyDelete